Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No more gallbladder

I had surgery Monday morning to remove my gallbladder. The surgeon was able to take it out laproscopically, so that part was really good. I am super sore and tired from surgery, but I am hanging in there. I was really nervous to have the surgery. I have been to blessed to have so many family, friends, and neighbors concerned about me. Shane had to work the night before I went into surgery and I was really nervous and started to cry. Luckily my sweet brother-in-law and our bishop were able to come over and give me a blessing, which made me feel a lot better and I was able to sleep well that night. Shane was able to take this whole week off to be home and help me recover. He has been awesome taking care of me and my every whim, taking care of the kids and the house. He has been great!!! The morning I had surgery I got my IV and was wheeled into the OR, again I was pretty nervous. They had me scoot over onto the operating table and the anestheologist told me I would start to feel really relaxed in about 30 seconds. About 10 seconds after that I was feeling the drugs and I was gone. I don't remember anything until I was in recovery. Apparently the operation took about 1 hr and then I was in recover for 1 hr and 20 mins. Good nap.  I have been really blessed not to feel nauseous at all. I have been able to eat just about anything and feel really good. My stomach and back are sore, but I can tell that I am on the mend. I get to shower and wash my hair today! Yeah! I am really glad I had the surgery-my dr. said my gallbladder had some adhensions and looked really angry. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to get around a little better and start to feel like my old self. On a positive note we borrowed season 1 of 24 from my parents  who are HUGE 24 fans. Shane and I are hooked! I can't wait to watch another disc today!! I haven't been able to really hold Sadie yet, so I will be really excited to hold her and snuggle with her when my stomach is not hurting. Thanks to everyone for the calls, dinners, treats, taking my kids, and helping in general. I couldn't have done this without everyone's help! 

6 comments:

Queen Mommy said...

Wow! Instant weight loss. How much does a gallbladder weigh anyway? I'm glad you are doing so well. Love you!

Becky and Matt said...

I hope you feel better Rochelle! I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, but it sounds like it went well. Good luck with your recovery!

Jenni said...

So glad that all is well...sure do LOVE ya!

Jenni said...

So glad that all is well...sure do LOVE ya!

Kall said...

Hey Ro, I knew you were having some problems with your gallbladder but I had no idea that you were having surgery.. Nice friend I am, huh. I'm glad everything went so well and that you've had so much help from friends and family. I'm down in south visiting Kallie right now, it's my kids spring break. We gotta get together soon.

~Sandee

Kall said...

Hey Ro, I just noticed Sandee commented ABOVE but was signed in under me..ha ha. anyway I hope you are feeling better soon! still cant wait to hold that baby!!!