**Edited 4/4/09** Shane got ahold of a general surgeon who he really respects and he has suggested that I have my gallbladder removed. So-surgery is scheduled on 4/13/09 and I will go see him next week. I am really nervous to have surgery. I am suppose to eat small meals, not eat frequently (this causes your gallbladder to empty and can move the gallstones around putting me at risk for another attack-something I NEVER want to experience again), and I have to eat low fat. Sounds so fun!!! I have been trying to lose some weight and have lost 17 lbs, but I am sure I will lose more with my new super fun restricted diet! One way or another I guess I really will meet my goal of 4.5 more lbs to lose! Oh and the risk factors for gallstones are the 4 "F's" FEMALE, FAT, FORTY, and FERTILE. I know for sure that I don't meet two of the four, and I HOPE that I don't meet the other! What an experience.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Attack
Last night I had a gallbladder attack. Seriously. It was bad. I don't want to go into details, but let's just say, it hurt, it hurt really bad. We were on our way to the ER when the pain suddenly stopped. Today I had an ultrasound and it was confirmed that I DO have gallstones. Doesn't that happen when you get older? Anyway-I have spent the morning trying to figure this all out. I have been looking on the internet for foods that I can eat and have run across a few websites with natural flushes to help pass the stones. I really cannot believe I just typed "pass". It's all so weird. Anywho-the best I have come up with is eating a diet low in fat, no deep-fried foods, eat alot of apples, veggies high in cellulose (celery and crisp veggies), avoid ice-cream, chocolate, caffeine, white flour and white sugar. Seriously? This stinks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DUDE....sorry!
You're funny! I'm sure as you get older, typing "pass" will be a way of life. Hope all goes well and you have a quick recovery. Also - congrats on the weight loss! Any secrets? That is terrific. I can't imagine that you ever needed to lose 20lbs, so you must be a hottie! Shane is a lucky guy!!
Post a Comment