Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100th post

Wow-I just signed in to update this little blog of mine and realized it is my 100th post! I am planning to send my blog into blurb to make and book. I was going through some of my old posts, and I am so glad that I blog. Funny things my kids have done and said, I have a record of. 

There has been a lot going on around here lately and I have a ton of pictures to post and update.

Pinkalicious Party:
My cute mother-in-law decided she wanted to do a party to celebrate the grand-daughters' birthdays all together this year. She threw them a pinkalicious party for them. It was darling! They each got a pink tutu, ballet shoes, a hat, sunglasses, gloves, necklaces, shirts, crowns and purses. They looked so cute all dressed up together. Katie taught them some ballet moves and Gay read them the Pinkalicious book. We had pizza and decorated pink cupcakes. It was so much fun to have Sadie involved with the girls! Thanks Gay for such a fun day-we loved it!

Katie, Gracie, Alexi, Brooklin, and Sadie 


Sadie's new quilt:
At the pinkalicious party, Sadie's aunt Amanda brought her the quilt that she made for her. It was a gift from Gay and Merwin, but Amanda made it and had it bound and quilted. It is darling!!! I love, love, love it! Amanda did such a great job choosing the fabrics and putting the quilt together. It matches her room so great and looks so cute with her crib set. It looks like it was meant to go together. Amanda had not seen Sadie's crib set, she choose the fabrics based on what I told her over the phone. Amazing! Thanks to Amanda and Gay and Merwin for such a generous gift to celebrate Sadie!!! Love you guys!




        Sadie with Aunt Amanda

Badgerette Review

Recently my drill team advisor from college had her last drill team review. She has been the drill advisor at Snow for 24 years! I was lucky to have Kathleen as an advisor, boss, and friend. Shane and I were resident advisors in one of the girl's dorms our 2nd year at Snow. Kathleen as also worked in the housing office for years, and was my boss. I have always felt like she was like an older sister to me. Kathleen is so funny! She has a funniest personality and I just love to be around her. Some of my fondest memories are of my experiences with Kathleen and the Badgerettes. So since this was Kathleen's last year she invited all the old alumi to share the night with her. I was able to go to dinner with my friend Emily Rowley who I was on drill team with and Shane and I have known her and her husband for years. It was so much fun to hang out with her. We also saw a few girls from our 2nd year on drill team. Such a fun night! We were laughing so hard the whole time. Emily and I finally had to pull out of Ephraim at about 11:30 PM so she could drop me off in Moroni and she could drive home to Santaquin.  We all said we need to get together again soon.

Me and Kathleen
      Everyone doing a "classic" Kathleen pose
    Emily, Becca, Kathleen, Adri, Codi, Me, Katie, and Kelly

I have a ton more to update, but will have to do it later. I am feeling 100% recovered since my surgery and am catching up around here. The kids are having fun with the spring weather and are excited for summer to get here. We got our court date to have Sadie's adoption finalized on May 27th and are have her sealed to us in the Jordan River Temple on May 30th. I am really excited and need to start looking for a blessing dress for her. Yeah!!!


2 comments:

Jenni said...

Cute party, darling quilt!!...EVEN CUTER BABY!! Love the badgerette pics and I am sooooooo happy that we get to be there to celebrate Sadie's special day!

Shannon b said...

oh my goodness, that pinkalicious party is so so cute! Anna loves that book too. What a great grandma!