Friday, March 6, 2009

New washer and dryer?

So our FREE Roper dryer....yes I said free and Roper, is about to die. Betcha didn't know there was such a brand. When we moved into our 1st home we had a friend who had a friend who had also just bought a new home. Well that new home had a brand new Roper washer and dryer with it and they had also just bought a name brand washer and dryer. So long story short we got the Roper washer and dryer for FREE! We were totally grateful and super excited to have our OWN washer and dryer and not have to pay for laundry. Fast forward 7 years and the Roper washer has long since died. It sprung a leak not long after we got it. So our sturdy Roper dryer is on it's last leg.  It generally takes me two dry cycles to fully dry a load, sometimes 3 if it's towels and a full load. So we are in the market for a new dryer. My questions is this...do I just get a new dryer and forgo the long awaited "matching set". Does it really matter??? I think not. Or.....do I get a new washer and dryer knowing that our current washer is at least 6 years old? And, for that matter do I get a top loader or spring for the new front loaders? My laundry room is just off the kitchen (which I love), but it is quite small (which I don't love). But hey-I'm grateful for a laundry room. So what is your opinion? 

4 comments:

shana said...

I don't really have an answer, but I am in your same boat, except my washer is going out and my dryer is only a year old. I can't decide what to do, however, I have heard that the front loader will cut your washing time in half, yeah, that's right HALF. So for that reason alone, I might be going that route. (I have also heard that if you get the extra space in the washer, you need the extra space in the dryer as well- so it's better to do both at the same time)

Holly said...

I definitely have an opinion. I bet your dryer won't last too much longer. They aren't built to last that long anymore. Get the matching set and spring for the front loader. I'm not exaggerating when I say it changed my life (at least my laundry life)!!! You can do mounds more laundry faster! It's worth the investment.

Jeff and Hollie said...

Please Ro get a new washer and dryer!! Every time I talk to you, you are doing laundry...please I need my sister back.

rochelle said...

Hollie-that's because I have 3 kids who wear about two outfits a day!!!! Welcome to my world.