For those that know my craziness and love of coupons you know that I seriously love a good sale. You may be thinking..who doesn't love to go shopping for clothes, shoes, etc...but I am talking food. A little over a year ago a good friend of mine introduced me to coupon shopping. I used to always shop with coupons when I could, but this was serious. A new concept to me...you don't use the coupon until the item is on a great sale. I have been known to get up and be at Albertson's at 6am to hit a good grocery sale. I have taken a break on and off from coupons, but baby I am back at it! Today is the start of the famous Quaker sale at Albertsons and I got 16 boxes of life, cinnamon life, and captin crunch cereal, 10 boxes of cereal bars, 3 canisters of oatmeal, and a box of granola bars for .....drumroll please.... $28!!! I saved $91!! It's a sickness, I will admit, but it felt so good. I seriously get so excited when I save a lot and pay so little. There have been times in the past when my savings have been over $200 (coupons and sales combined). I love stocking up my food storage for so little.
Because I haven't had a post in so long, you probably wonder what I have been up to-or maybe not. Well I'm still so busy with Super Saturday but we did get all our projects done, decided, and displayed. We seem to have a good response from the ladies in our ward, but frankly at this point I have put so much work into it and I really don't care if they like it or not. Rude don't you think? I'm to the point if someone thinks they can do a better job (and I'm sure they probably could) then I say go for it. In all honestly we really do have some cute projects and I think the whole she-bang will turn out great!
2 comments:
Wow, I have got to take lessons from you!!!!! I am a loser when it comes to coupons. I was totally jealous when you listed all the stuff you got for $28!
You really do!
Post a Comment