Tuesday, September 2, 2008
The dreaded smoke detector
why do smoke detectors always run out of batteries in the middle of night and decide to chirp? This happened this morning at 5:15 am in Connor's room. Both boys were sleeping in there. I HAD to get up and change the battery. I cannot sleep with the chirping. I just can't. So I asked Shane to get up b/c the smoke detector is located on the small vaulted part of his ceiling. Why do home builders put it where it's hard to get to? The stool from the kitchen wasn't' quite tall enough, so I had to get the ladder from the garage and haul it into the house. Shane was having trouble getting the battery in, meanwhile Connor and Peyton are sleeping with lights blazing. I got up on the top on the ladder to put the battery in. I looked outside only to realize that I am standing in my g's in front on the arched window in Connor's room that has no blinds. Nice. I'm sure it was quite a nice show. I finally got the battery in only then to lay awake for another hour and then finally fall asleep for an hour and then have to get up to get Peyton ready for school. I am tired. I'm thankful for smoke detectors, but why oh why can't they start the chirping in the middle of the day????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's really funny. Ours always chirp in the middle of the night too. It's so annoying!
Anything, I mean anything is annoying in the middle of the night, especially something that takes time and energy to fix! I've heard it's a good idea to change all your batteries on confernce weekend or something like that. But that is just one more thing to do and that would make too much sense.
My sister said she met you when you spoke in her ward. She said you guys did such a great job and it was so good. Thought I'd let you know:). Hope you guys are doing good!
It's so crazy how these things work. It N-E-V-E-R fails to go off at night E-V-E-R-Y time! To top it off, finding the right one is great fun as well. The time in between chirps seems to last for an eternity. I can't count how many times Tony has spent time "chasing the chirp." We always pray it's not the detector in/near the childrens rooms. By the time we can figure out which detector it is, the children have woken up anyway. WHAT'S WITH THAT?!!! The Karp Family is feeling your pain Rochelle. :)
Oh yes, they always go off in the middle of the night, and at our house, 2 or 3 of them decide to all go off within the same week, often even the same night, UGH!
Your blog is cute.
Post a Comment