Monday, April 7, 2008

triathlons???

So my cute neighbor Diane just did a sprint triathlon a couple of weeks ago. I was telling her how awesome she is and how great she looks. Today I came home to a cute message from her telling me she is doing another triathlon in 3 weeks and wants to know if I want to do it with her and our other neighbor, Sarah. What the??? Seriously I called her back and was laughing so hard that she thought I could be ready in 3 weeks. I did tell her that I would love to run with she and Sarah since I know I can run 3 miles. So tonight we ran 3 miles in 29 mins and I feel pretty good. The crazy thing is that I am seriously considering entering the triathlon in 3 weeks. Am I crazy? I must be.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh Ro, that is so cool. I've been wanting to do a triathalon for almost a year now; but I know I would need someone else to do it with to keep me motivated and also someone who knows a little bit about them and how to train, because I don't have the slightest clue. I've never been a big runner; but I thought that this would be something that I could get that natural high and sense of accomplishment from like I used to get from dancing and competing. I had a lady in my ward that had just started doing them about 2 years ago and I was thinking about approaching her about doing one with her and then she got a divorce and moved out of the ward. Bummer..

You'll have to let me know how it goes and what you do to train, I would love to do one with you and your friends.

Elisa said...

Awesome! I totally think you can train in three weeks! Anything is possible and it's not like you have to break records - just finishing is an accomplishment!

shana said...

You can do it! If I can do it so can you- I hate to swim (like the real kind of swimming, not hanging at the pool swimming) plus a sprint I don't think is that bad, if you were doing an olympic tri and 3 weeks training I would be a little scared for you but you totally can do a sprint! Good Luck!

La said...

You can do it. The swim will be the hardest part. But you can train for the swim. Do you have bike? I have done a sprint and it was pretty chill. Dan has done a couple of Olympics and it usually takes about three months to train. I used to be a personal trainer so if you need any help getting a schedule together give me a call.

Jenni said...

go for the gold!!!

Jacy said...

You CAN do it!!! I seriously think you can! Go for it! : )

Kara said...

You go girl!!! Can I just say, I totally suck at swimming. Kevin is training for one right now and really wants me to get into it also. I trained with him on Monday on the swimming part and totally bombed it. Good luck. I know you can do it.