So to explain #10 on my prior post......Last night I had to run across the street to my neighbor's house to drop off some things for the humanitarian center (they work @ the dist center across from the hum. center). Anyway, I told Shane I would be right back. I was about 10-15 mins and when I came inside Peyton was in the family room and Shane was back in our bedroom reading a book. I ask Shane where Connor is and he tells me that he is with Peyton. Ummmm-no. So I went to the top of the stairs because I thought he was in the playroom watching a movie. I yelled for him and no answer. So I went downstairs totally expecting him to be there and he's not down there. So panic starts to set in just a little bit. I run to the back door to look in our backyard (which doesn't have a fence) and I see the dead bolt is in the unlocked position. Note-at this point it is about 7:15 PM and it is totally dark outside. I yell in the backyard, and no Connor. At that point I really don't know where to look and I am really feeling panic and then I hear the doorbell ring. I run to the door and it's my cute neighbor across the street (not the neighbor that I had gone to) Judy. Judy is darling! She is a cute grandma type that is widowed. She had a really cute box of prizes that she keeps for grandkids and neighbor kids to chose a prize when they come visit her. Well in Judy's arms is Connor-totally fine and unharmed. I about died!!! Apparently Peyton asked Shane if they could go to Judy's to choose a prize and Shane told the kids no since it was late. Connor decided he would go on his own. He went out the back door, went around the house to the front yard, crossed the street by himself in the dark, and rang Judy's doorbell. She let him in and immediately called us, but I was still at her next door neighbor's house and the ringer was off on the phone in our room where Shane was. When she couldn't get a hold of us she grabbed Connor and ran over to our house. Connor and I must have just missed each other when I came back to our house. Luckily Connor wasn't hurt or lost according to him. He knew right where he was headed. So, I put a child safety lock back on the doorknob. I think I need a back-up lock. Any ideas?
Seriously-I was sick to my stomach thinking of the possibilities. Shane felt so bad that he didn't hear Connor slip out the back door. Heavenly Father was looking out for our little Connor Bonner.
Seriously-I was sick to my stomach thinking of the possibilities. Shane felt so bad that he didn't hear Connor slip out the back door. Heavenly Father was looking out for our little Connor Bonner.
2 comments:
super scary!! Glad that he was okay and not lost! A few friends of mine have put the hinged lock at the top of the door. Not sure what they are really called. But only an adult can reach it and flip it over. That has worked to keep their kids safe inside!
Love your new blog look! And your boys are darling!
How scary is that? I am so glad Connor was safe. But don't worry, it happens to all of us... I think? At least it has happened to me. I have two curious little toddlers who constantly escaped last Summer from my house. Boy am I glad they grew out of that!!
Post a Comment