(Isn't my Mom so cute? She didn't want to get her hair wet so she wore my Dad's hat)
This past weekend we went up to Snowbird for my parents time share. Shane and I actually slept over with the boys on Saturday night which is something we haven't done for a few years mostly because our kids have been too small and it's too hectic to set up a pack-n-play and there are ususally a lot of family sleeping over. As it turns out everyone had stuff going on Sunday and couldn't stay over, so it was just my parents, my family and my nephew Jefferson. We had so much fun! It was bad weather on Saturday and snowed clear down into the valley, so by the time we got up to Snowbird, it was so pretty! After being inside for a couple of hrs we all (Shane decided to stay home and take a nap)decided to go for a walk over to Oktoberfest. It was totally snowing and so much fun. The kids thought it was so great to see snow. Peyton, Hailey and Madison got into a snowball fight with MelAnnie. Connor thought that the snow was great by he kept yelling for everyone to wait for him! Gosh! Sunday we got up and went to church up at the bird. We have been going to Snowbird since I think I was 12 or younger and we never knew they had an LDS branch up there at the Snowbird Center. It was a very sweet service that last an hr and consisted of Sunday School and Sacrament meeting. There were about 30 in attendance. It was come as you are, so we didn't have to dress in our Sunday clothes (good thing b/c I brought a short sleeves and no nylons outfit for church). It was a little strange being there in regular street clothes, but I was so glad we went and the kids were so good during the hour long service. While we were walking back to the condo after church my Dad totally hit me in the head with a snowball! I could tell he felt so bad-looking back on it, it was pretty funny! Good aim Dad! The weather turned really nice on Sunday and by the time we got back to our house Sunday I couldn't believe how warm it felt in the Valley. All in all a fun time at the bird!
Other random stuff-this week is Albertson's (love their sales) General Mills sale. I persuaded Shane to go with me which was really a great help! I ended up getting 2 boxes of potato flakes, 7 cans of progresso soup, 6 boxes of Gogurt, (4) 6-packs of kids yougurt, 4 tubes of crescent rolls,1 tube of Cinnamon rolls, 1 box of pizza rolls, 1 box of toaster streudel, 2 tubs of Grands biscuts, 1 bag of frozen garlic dinner rolls, 2 bags of frozen biscuts,11 boxes of cereal ( Total rasin bran, cheerios, kix, cinnamon toast crunch, golden grahams), 5 boxes of fruit roll-ups, 2 boxes of granola bars, 2 cookies mixes, 3 cans of frosting, 1 cake mix, 2 muffin mixes, 2 boxes of frozen corn, and 1 box of frozen peas......oh and 2 packs of jelly belly gum for the kids and a magazine for $4.29 (it threw off my total).......all for $ 64.28!!! My savings were $138.35! I was so excited! way to go coupons and way to go Albertsons! Some of the stuff I normally wouldn't buy (toaster streudel or pizza rolls, but hey they were like .50 or so, so I say what the heck we'll try it). Oh and last week I got 16 packages of sausages (the rolls and the links) for $6.66 (that included one other small purchase for about $3.00) so $3.66 for that much-holy cow-maybe I should be saying holy pig!! Seriously you have to try pinchingyourpennies.com it really becomes a game or a sick obsession to see how much product you can get for the least amout of money. I guess if that is my obession it can't be a bad one. later.....
1 comment:
Ro - This makes me totally miss the Bird....great photos.....I also have been going to Snowbird forever and never knew they had a branch there....very cool
Post a Comment