Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finalization


Today we took Sadie to court and finalized her adoption! Yeah!!! We are so thrilled that her adoption is final. She is offically SADIE LYNNE KJAR! She was darling during our meeting with the judge and cooed and was really sweet. The judge asked the boys what they thought of Sadie and they were both  SO quiet! I think the judge in her black robe was a little intimidating. I have to admit-I was sweating it just a bit. I wasn't too worried that things wouldn't work out, but come on-this judge had the future of our family in her little pen! I always get emotional during finalization when the attorney asks if I have bonded and love the child. This time was no exception, but the tears started a little sooner when he started to present the case to the judge and I was feeding Sadie and he pointed to her and said we were here for this sweet baby girl. I totally started to tear up and was thinking how blessed I was. I still can't believe she is ours! The circumstances of her adoption is a total miracle that we got her. The proceedings went really smooth and before we knew it, the judge was signing the adoption decree to make everything final. We actually held the hearing in the judges chambers, which was a first for us. After the proceedings, we went to a late lunch/early dinner to the Cheesecake Factory. It was fun way to celebrate the newest "official" member of our family. We couldn't be more thrilled!!

                                       Grandpa Kjar and Grandma Gay with the kids
Grandpa Vick and Grandma Janet with the kids
                                                          Our family with the judge

6 comments:

Eichmeiers said...

congrats Ro! that is so fun and great! she is so darling! your family is so cute.

Sandra said...

Ahhh... little Sadie is so cute, I can hardly stand it! I'm so excited for you guys, I was totally tearing up reading about your experience. You guys are such a great family and parents..

You're lookin' way hot by the way! Check out those skinny, buff arms! The R.S. arms you thought you had last summer have vanished into thin air!!

I know I said I'd call ya to set up a little lunch outing and seriously this whole bit of trying to sell our house and wondering if the other is going to end up going through and if they will work out in the same time frame... It's got me going non-stop! Can't wait to see ya at bunco next week! ; )

Emily said...

I started tearing up too. She is so beautiful and I wish you many fun mother/daughter memories for years to come. Congratulations!!

Jacy said...

YAY!! I am so happy for you guys! Your little family is so adorable! Such an exciting time!

Becky and Matt said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything worked out. Sadie looked so cute on that special day!

Holly said...

My eyes are welling up! I love you guys and you deserve this sweet little girls and the amazing circumstances you had getting her. How amazing and what a blessing. I know you are so grateful, especially knowing how many ways things can go wrong. We love Sadie so much!